One of the features of Enteo 6 or DSM 7 is the automatic recognition of the computer type. Once the computer type has been discovered (basic inventory), the computer will change its icon to one of the following symbols :
Virtual machine as can be seen in the following figure.
The computer type information gathered by the basic inventory is basically only the chassis type of the motherboard.
If the information is wrong (quite a few motherboards report the wrong chassis) or you wish to manually change the computer type, this can be easily done.
1) Click on the appropriate computer object in the EMMC/DSM console (View : Manage computers & Users)
2) click on the filter (turn it off) –
3) Click on the option “Computer Type” and use the combo box to change the type.
Latest posts by Calum (see all)
- HEAT 2014.1 : Putting more DSM power into your browser - September 18, 2014
- Heat 2014.1 : New script templates - September 16, 2014
- Frontrange releases DSM 2014.1 (Build 126.96.36.19982) - September 10, 2014